I’ll use this post to list my favourite online reads, updating whenever I come across something new.
- James Montier at GMO. A recent article uses the concept of mean-reversion together with the profit equation to explain why equity markets might not have such a stellar performance over the next 5-7 years. Click here to go to a page that has a few of Mr Montier’s articles.
- Click here to read a lovely blog post which discusses Apple, and the way it is dominating the universe of technology companies (and how it is causing problems for index-following funds).
- FTAlphaville requires a subscription, but comes pretty-much free if you subscribe to the FT paper version. They are always discussing real topics that really make a difference in the markets. Lots of good stuff, and lots of links to other good stuff.
- John Mauldin will send you regular email commentary if you sign up for it (it’s free). Good writing on all the current topics.
- Rick Bookstaber writes some thoughtful articles on topics including risk management. That (& derivatives trading) was his area before he moved into his current advisory role in the US government.
- Scott Sumner writes about monetary issues, here.
- John P Hussman has got a lot of interesting articles at his fund’s homepage, here. I especially liked this one here on liquidity preferences.
If there are interesting online commentaries that you like, let me know by posting me a comment.